Team up with CHAMP! VSAC, sponsor of Vermont’s 529 college savings plan, is excited to partner with the Vermont Lake Monsters for a third season to help you plan ahead for your child’s future and team up with CHAMP’s Kids Club for fun at the ballpark.
Get ready for a fun-filled summer … and get cash for college!
- Kids coming to the ballpark on Kids Club days have a chance to enter their names into a drawing for a $100 VHEIP account. This summer’s Kids Club events are on June 29, July 8, July 25, August 12, and August 22.
- At the Pitch for Cash events for every home game, kids receive money toward a VHEIP account for each MPH registered by the opening pitch. So a first pitch of 90 mph means $90 into college savings for one lucky kid!
- And as sponsor of the Outstanding Student Event on July 9 and August 26 at the ballpark, VSAC holds a drawing for a $100 deposit into a new or existing VHEIP account and recognizes students with a certificate and program mention.
Get in the game and get the info you need. In addition to attending games, families can sign up for college planning tips and info with VSAC, so that they’ll be ready to create possibilities for their kids. Start now so you can swing big for the future. We’ll help you navigate the road ahead.
By opening a college savings account — even with just $25 to start — you’ll be creating opportunities for your child’s future training. Students from families who save even small amounts for education are three time more likely to go on to and complete college or other training after high school. And with VHEIP, Vermont taxpayers are eligible to get a Vermont state income tax credit on their annual contributions for college.
It’s the fastest and easiest way to get started with VHEIP. The process takes just 15 minutes.
Before you begin, make sure to have the following information ready.
- your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number
- your beneficiary’s name, Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number, birth date, and street address (not a PO Box)
- Bank account and ABA/routing number if you want to fund your initial deposit or establish an automatic contribution plan from a checking or savings account. If you prefer another option, you will have the choice to send a check by mail, sign up for payroll deductions, and more.
Enroll online now!
Prefer to enroll by mail? The process is just as easy!
- Download one of the following enrollment forms.
Individual Account Enrollment Form
Use this form to open an account by an individual. This is the most common type of account.
Custodial Account for a Minor (UGMA/UTMA) Account Enrollment Form
Use this form to open an account to be funded with assets liquidated from an UGMA/UTMA custodial account.
Entity Account Enrollment Form
Use this form to open an account by a trust, estate, business entity, 501(c)(3) organization, or state or local government or agency.
- OR call us at 1-800-637-5860 or email us to have enrollment materials mailed to you. Please allow 5-7 days for delivery.
- Complete the form, tell us how you want to make your initial contribution, and mail it in when you are ready. Make sure to follow the instructions on the form, and make sure to sign it! You can fund your initial deposit or establish an automatic contribution plan from a checking or savings account. Or, if you prefer other options, you can send a check, sign up for payroll deductions, and more. Follow the instructions on the form.
PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Get it here.