Start now to save for a child’s future. Enter our $529 drawing during May!
In honor of National College Savings Day on May 29th, any Vermont resident or any VHEIP account owner can enter a drawing during the month of May for a chance at a $529 deposit into a new or existing VHEIP college savings account. Sign up for the $529 drawing (see the official rules below). NOTE: You do not need to open an account to enter the drawing.
By saving for college — even with just $25 to start — you create education opportunities for your child or loved one that last a lifetime. Research shows that students from families who save even small amounts for education are three times more likely to go on to and complete college or other training after high school.
Plus, with VHEIP, Vermont taxpayers are eligible to get a Vermont state income tax credit on qualified annual contributions and gifts to VHEIP accounts.
Opening a Vermont 529 account is easy. Vermont state residency is not required. You can even invite others to make gifts of any amount to your college savings accounts for a meaningful gift for any occasion.
Please read the Disclosure Booklet for additional information.
Official rules for the VHEIP College Savings Day drawing:
- During the entire month of May, VSAC, which administers the Vermont Higher Education Investment Plan, is offering a chance to win $529 into a new or existing VHEIP college savings account. For more info about VHEIP, see the Disclosure Booklet.
- To be eligible to enter, you must be a Vermont resident OR be a VHEIP account owner, and sign up for the drawing from May 1-May 31. You do not need to open a VHEIP 529 account to enter.
- Each individual is limited to one entry.
- The winner will be selected from all eligible entries by random selection.
- No transfers, cash redemptions, or substitutions allowed.
- The drawing will take place and will be awarded shortly after May 31, 2019.
- The number of eligible entries will determine the odds of winning.
- Your registration information will be protected as required by law.
- Employees and their immediate families and household members of VSAC and Intuition College Savings Solutions are not eligible for the drawing.
Enrolling online is the fastest and easiest way to get started with VHEIP. The process takes just 15 minutes.
Before you begin, make sure to have the following information ready.
- your Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number
- your beneficiary’s name, Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number, birth date, and street address (not a PO Box)
- Bank account and ABA/routing number if you want to fund your initial deposit or establish an automatic contribution plan from a checking or savings account.
Enroll online now!
To open an Individual Account or a Custodial Account for a Minor (UGMA/UTMA), log in to your account online at any time or see our Account Forms page.
Opening an account by a trust, estate, business entity, 501(c)(3) organization, or state or local government or agency? Download the Entity Account Enrollment Form from our Account Forms page.
Need any additional help opening an account? Call us at 1-800-637-5860 or send us an email with your question or request!
PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. Get it here.